The North Carolina Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Inc., is a not-for-profit, professional organization of Licensed Acupuncturists, Oriental Medicine practitioners, related students and other interested parties throughout the state of North Carolina. The purposes of The Association are within the meaning of Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and are as follows:
- To encourage and foster those forms of the healing arts known as Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and its various modalities and adjunctive therapies;
- To assist in the establishment of statutes, rules and regulations and to support established statutes, rules and regulations of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in order to protect the interest of the public, the state, and qualified practitioners;
- To foster, encourage and promote constant upgrading of the skills and abilities of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine practitioners by sponsorship or co-sponsoring continuing education programs;
- To encourage and assist in healthcare research in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine;
- To educate the public regarding the nature and scope of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine;
- To help make Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine more available to the general public;
- To provide all the benefits possible to the membership of the Association and in all ways to serve and promote the general welfare of Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine practitioners; and
- To decrease discrimination against Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and its qualified practitioners.
The Association's bylaws were amended at a special meeting on May 5, 2018: click here for the current version.
To view our 1024, please send your request to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.